You will need just one ticket
We are taking a part to a commuter train experiment, where you can use a Nysse ticket in commuter traffic in the Tampere region (R and M trains) and in long-distance trains (Intercity, Pendolino and rail buses). This experiment is organized by The Ministry of Transport and Communications, the municipalities of the Tampere metropolitan area, VR, Nysse and the Pirkanmaan Liitto.
The new Tesoma railway stop is open
Tesoma has a fast, 10-minute train connection to the center of Tampere. From there the journey can be easily continued with the same Nysse ticket by bus or tram. Tesoma railway stop also allows you to quickly get to Nokia.
All M-commuter trains and long-distance trains between Pori and Tampere stop at the Tesoma railway stop - up to 32 commuter or long-distance trains on weekdays! See timetables in the Nysse’s route guide or on VR's website vr.fi.
There is a new 12-hour access parking lot near the Tesoma railway stop, along Ristimäenkatu. Access parking is a convenient option when you want to drive part of your trip in your own car and continue your journey comfortably on public transport.
Nysse tickets are valid between
- Nokia - Tampere: 3 zones, ABC
- Lempäälä - Tampere: 3 zones, ABC
- Orivesi - Tampere: 5 zones, ABCDE
- Tesoma - Tampere: 2 zones, AB
- Tesoma - Nokia: 2 zones, BC
Get your ticket online
With a Nysse ticket you can combine your bus and train trips. Choose your zones carefully, as they cannot be changed after purchasing a ticket. The ticket can be purchased onto a travel card, or from Nysse Mobiili app starting January 4, 2021.
- It is easy to order a travel card from the Nella.fi online service or buy it from our customer service point. You need a season ticket for the train, which you can buy no later than 2 hours before the trip from Nella. You can also buy the ticket at Nysse sales points. Train journeys cannot be paid for with a value ticket.
- You can download Nysse Mobiili to your phone from the app store. The mobile single tickets and mobile day tickets purchased on Nysse Mobile as well as the student's season ticket will be valid on the train from 4 January 2021. It is advisable to buy a mobile ticket only a moment before you leave, as it is valid from the moment of purchase.
The night fare is charged from 00:00 to 04:40 in addition to the season ticket and mobile single ticket. It can be paid with the value ticket on the travel card, as it will be automatically charged on the station ticket device. At Nysse Mobile, the night fare is charged to the payment card when purchasing a single ticket. The night fare cannot be paid in cash in trains.
When you travel with the Nysse tickets, you can not reserve a place on the train. You can sit in the vacancies, but always give priority to the passenger who booked the seat.
Check in at the train station platform
Always verify your ticket on the device at the train station platform, before you get on the train. The devices work in the same way as on buses and trams. If you have not checked in before your trip, you may be charged a penalty fare.
- The travel card is placed in a circle below the reader's screen. A ticket purchased in the Nella.fi online service will activate on the device. Travel card balance will update onto Nella within 24 hours.
- The Qr code of the mobile ticket is displayed under the device. Open the ticket and place your phone screen up on the device stand. Align the Qr code with the green light.
Nysse is responsible for the ticket devices of the station platforms. Device faults can be reported using the feedback form.
Not all commuter trains in the Nysse area are accessible. More information on VR's website.
VR - Accessible train travel ›
Pets are welcome in the pet department of the train.
VR - Train travel with a pet ›
Bicycles can be transported by commuter train in the reserved area free of charge. In the IC train, a place for the bike is reserved in advance.
VR - Bikes on trains ›
Children aged 0-6 years are allowed to travel with you free of charge in the train when you are using a Nyssen ticket. If you are using a VR ticket, please follow VR's ticket rules.
VR - Traveling with children ›
On buses and trams
- With prams, wheelchair and rollator you may travel free of charge
- Guide dogs and pets are allowed to travel with you but you have to pay your trip as usual.
- For bicycle and other large means of transport you have to purchase a 90 minute single ticket.
- Children aged 0-6 years are allowed to travel with you free of charge if you travel with the Nysse ticket. If you use VR's ticket, please follow the rules of VR.