How to pay
Nysse offers many ways to pay the trips. Always choose at least 2 adjacent zones for your ticket, even if your trip is in only one zone.
Confirm your right to travel on each of your trips. The night fare will be charged from 00.00 to 04.40 (does not apply to the day ticket nor the student ticket). An inspection fee (€ 80) may be charged for passengers traveling without a ticket.
Guidelines for paying for the trip
How to pay with travel card
With the travel card you can pay a single ticket, night fare and some public sports services. The fares will be charged from the value ticket loaded on the card, which you can buy in € 10-120 increments. The best ticket for regular travelling is the season ticket.
Confirm your rights to travel with the ticket device
Show your travel card to the front reader of the ticket device on each of your trips.
- In the bus and tram, the device can be found near the entrance.
- For train journeys, the ticket device is at the station platform. Confirm your season ticket before boarding the train. It is not possible to buy a single ticket for train with the travel card.
Do you travel at night?
Please make sure that you have enough value on your travel card to pay for the night fare at 00.00 - 04.40 a.m. The fare will be charged automatically from the value ticket on buses, trams and trains. You can pay the fare with cash only on a bus. You cannot pay only the fare by contactless payment or Nysse Mobiili app.
Public sports services
You can pay for a ticket to public swimming pools and gyms at Tampere, Nokia and Ylöjärvi with the value on your travel card. The entrance gate of the service opens with your travel card and the fare will be charged from the value.
How to choose zones for exceptional trip
If the default zones of your travel card ticket are not suitable for your bus or tram trip, you can choose the needed zones on the bus or tram ticket device. The price of the trip will be charged from the value ticket. You cannot buy a single ticket for train with travel card.
Do not show your travel card in the ticket reader, but proceed as follows:
- Choose Poikkeusmatka (exceptional trip).
- Choose the needed zones.
- Show your travel card on the reader.
The device will charge the price of the trip from the value ticket. You can travel one or more trips in the zones of your choice for 90 minutes. Choose exceptional zones only on your first trip. For other trips, all you have to do is show your travel card in the ticket reader.
How to pay with Nysse Mobiili app
The mobile ticket starts at the time of the ticket purchase. You can travel one or more times in the zones of your choice. Zones cannot be changed during the validity of the ticket.
Show the Qr code of the mobile ticket to the reader on the bottom of the ticket device each time you travel. In the bus and tram, the device can be found near the entrance. For train journeys, the ticket device is at the station platform, ie the right to travel is confirmed before boarding the train.
Contactless payment means a payment made with a payment card or mobile device without entering a code. You can pay a single ticket at the bus or tram. You cannot buy a single ticket for train journeys in Nysse area with contactless payment.
Proceed like this on each of your journeys
- Press the contactless payment button on the ticket device.
- Choose your travel zones. The default is the zone of your location and the next zone on your route. If necessary, select more zones.
- Show the mean of your payment in the left reader of the ticket device.
Repeat this on each of your trips. You will be charged only one fare for the trips you have made in 90 minutes.
How to pay for friends trips
You can buy a single ticket for your friend with your travel card or with Nysse Mobiili app, if you travel together. With contactless payment you can only pay for one trip at a time. You can use contactless payment to pay for a friend’s trip if you pay for your own trip using another payment method.
- Show your travel card to the ticket machine again after your own payment. The price will be charged according to your age group, so it must also apply to your friend.
- You can pay the trip for nine people if the trip includes transfers. If you do not transfer, you can pay for as many persons as needed.
- If you leave the ride at different stops, leave your travel card with your friend for a possible ticket inspection.
Nysse Mobiili app
- Buy tickets one at a time for yourself and a friend. Be sure to choose the right age group for your friend.
- Confirm both tickets on all your trips. You can find the tickets in the Nysse Mobile Tickets menu.
Payments for big means of transport
You have to buy a single ticket for big means of transport. In addition to the ticket, a night fare will be charged from 00.00 to 04.40.
A paid mean of transport is an item of a person over 7 years of age (eg bicycles, kickboards and balance boards) that you cannot carry and that takes significant space from other passengers.
- Pay for the ticket with a travel card. Make sure there is enough value left. Re-use your travel card with the ticket device after your own payment. The price will be charged according to your age group for the value loaded on the travel card.
- Buy tickets on Nysse Mobile app one at a time. Select your own age group for both tickets. Confirm both tickets on all trips. You can find the tickets in the Nysse Mobile Tickets menu.
- You can use the contactless payment if you pay for your own trip with another payment method (eg travel card). The local fee can only be used to pay for one ticket at a time.
Paying with Cash
You can pay a single ticket with cash only on the bus. Please use even fare or the smallest banknotes, as the bus's cash desk is small for security reasons. Please show your ticket to the bus driver if you transfer and to the ticket inspector on the tram. The night fare will be charged from 00.00 to 04.40.
Purchasing and using an advance ticket
You can buy an advance ticket for a bus or tram from customer service and most Nysse's sales points. Point-of-sale equipment is currently being upgraded and the ticket will go on sale later at all sales points.
The ticket includes bus and tram trips for 90 minutes in selected zones (validity starts from your first trip).
Show the ticket Qr code to the bottom reader of the ticket device on each time you travel. The advance ticket must be used within 3 months from the date of purchase. The ticket is not valid in trains.