Trains in the Nysse area
You will need just one ticket
In Nysse area you can pay for your train trips with Nysse mobile tickets or with value or season tickets loaded on the Nysse travel card. Nysse tickets are valid between Nokia/Lempäälä/Orivesi/Tesoma–Tampere. Tickets can be used on commuter traffic trains (R and M trains) and on long-distance trains (Intercity, Pendolino and rail buses) in Eko class.
More shifts in commuter train traffic
The number of commuter train services from Tampere to Nokia and Lempäälä has doubled in August 2022. There are 10 new services between Tampere and Nokia and 5 between Tampere and Toijala. Thanks to the new services, commuter traffic trains run on weekdays from early morning until late, around 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. The interval between the trains is about an hour.
Train connections and Nysse tickets
- Nokia - Tampere: 3 zones, ABC
- Lempäälä - Tampere: 3 zones, ABC
- Orivesi - Tampere: 5 zones, ABCDE
- Tesoma - Tampere: 2 zones, AB
- Tesoma - Nokia: 2 zones, BC
Please note that the zones set on the travel card cannot be changed on the ticket devices of the station platform. If the zones are not suitable for your trip, buy a Nysse mobile ticket or choose a VR ticket.
Always verify your ticket on the device at the train station platform, before getting on the train.
Get your ticket online
With a Nysse ticket you can combine your bus and train trips. Choose your zones carefully, as they cannot be changed after purchasing a ticket. The ticket can be purchased onto a travel card or from Nysse Mobiili app.
- It is easy to order a travel card from the Nella.fi online service or buy it from our customer service point. You can use a value ticket or a season ticket for the train, which you can buy no later than 2 hours before the trip from Nella. You can also buy the ticket at Nysse sales points. T
- You can download Nysse Mobiili to your phone from the app store. The tickets available are mobile single tickets and mobile day tickets as well as the student's season ticket. It is advisable to buy a mobile ticket only a moment before you leave, as it is valid from the moment of purchase. Remember to verify your ticket on the device at the train station platform, before you get on the train!
The night fare is charged from 00:00 to 04:40 in addition to the value ticket and mobile single ticket. It can be paid with the value ticket on the travel card, as it will be automatically charged on the station ticket device. At Nysse Mobile, the night fare is charged to the payment card when purchasing a single ticket.
When you travel with the Nysse tickets, you can not reserve a place on the train. You can sit in the vacancies, but always give priority to the passenger who booked the seat.
Check in at the train station platform
Always verify your ticket on the device at the train station platform, before you get on the train. The devices work in the same way as on buses and trams. If you have not checked in before your trip, you may be charged a penalty fare.
- The travel card is placed in a circle below the reader's screen. A ticket purchased in the Nella.fi online service will activate on the device. Travel card balance will update onto Nella within 24 hours.
- Please note that the zones set on the travel card cannot be changed on the ticket devices of the station platform. If the zones are not suitable for your trip, buy a Nysse mobile ticket or choose a VR ticket.
- The Qr code of the mobile ticket is displayed under the device. Open the ticket and place your phone screen up on the device stand. Align the Qr code with the green light.
Nysse is responsible for the ticket devices of the station platforms. Device faults can be reported using the feedback form.
Not all commuter trains in the Nysse area are accessible. More information on VR's website.
VR - Accessible train travel ›
Pets are welcome on board. On both long-distance trains and commuter trains, pets always travel in the separately marked areas.
VR - Train travel with a pet ›
Bicycles can be transported by commuter train in the reserved area free of charge. In the IC train, a place for the bike is reserved in advance.
VR - Bikes on trains ›
Children aged 0–6 years are allowed to travel with you free of charge in the train when you are using a Nysse ticket. If you are using a VR ticket, please follow VR's ticket rules.
VR - Travelling with children ›
On buses and trams
- With prams, wheelchair and rollator you may travel free of charge
- Pets are allowed to travel with you. You have to pay your trip as usual but there is no charge for transporting a pet.
- For bicycle and other large means of transport you have to purchase a 90 minute single ticket.
- Children aged 0–6 years are allowed to travel with you free of charge if you travel with the Nysse ticket.